Clear Braces - York
Unlike traditional metal braces, our clear braces systems use ceramic brackets which are blended to your natural teeth.
These fixed appliances are not just an incredibly strong brace which will provide you with beautifully straight teeth, but they also match your teeth to appear much more discrete than traditional metal braces.
Why would I want to have clear braces?
- The colour matching technology means that the ceramic brackets blend in perfectly with your teeth, straightening them in a very discrete fashion
- They are small so take up less room in your mouth for maximum comfort
- They have no sharp corners, so they will not scratch against your cheeks
- They have incredibly strong brackets which are much more durable and effective than metal brackets
- They are safer than most ceramic braces as they use a mesh on the base and do not damage the enamel surface of the tooth
Only brackets make use of a new Personalised Colour-Matching Technology® which allows them to blend in seamlessly with your teeth. They are extremely discrete as they are virtually invisible and are not prone to staining like some other aesthetic braces.
Standard metal braces and some other ceramic braces are made with sharp edges which can cause irritation against the inside of your cheeks and lips. However, these are made using a technologically advanced injection-moulding method which produces a smooth and comfortable surface. Their edges are gently rounded to stop sharp corners rubbing against your cheeks. They are also much smaller than metal braces, so they are far less bulky, making them much more comfortable.
As well as creating a beautifully smooth surface, the injection-moulded process gets rid of any imperfections and weak points that might cause the braces to break; so they are much stronger and more durable than some other ceramic braces.
Braces are far less likely to chip or shatter than other braces during the course of your treatment. They are also safer when it comes to removing them because they are fitted with an exclusive mesh base that comes away from the tooth’s surface easily, protecting your tooth enamel. Other ceramic braces must be broken in order to remove them, and remnants must be sanded off. This process can cause little chips and flakes to fly off, and there is a danger of swallowing these particles.